Apply for this visa to live, work and invest in New Zealand. You must have at least NZD $15 million or the weighted equivalent in available assets or funds.
Invest fun in New Zealand
You must keep NZD $15 million or the weighted equivalent in acceptable investments in New Zealand for 48 months.
- funds caculate under the weighted equivalent system
Investment funds are calculated according to a weighted system, with a total of three levels of weighted calculation.
The first level, the investor directly invests into business, has 3 times (3x) the. That is, the investment of NZD $5 million, multiplied by 3, meets the investment demand of NZD $15 million funds.
At the second level, investors invest into fund management companies in the form of private equity funds or venture capital funds. It is 2 times (2x) the weight. That is an investment of NZ$7.5 million, multiplied by 2, to meet a total funding requirement of NZ$15 million.
At the third level, investors put their consulting into listed equities and philanthropy. Then there is no weight. Or 1 times (1x) the weight. That would require an investment of $15 million. to meet the demand.
Keep the fun in New Zealand
- have NZD $7.5 million or the weighted equivalent invested within the first 18 months of the investment period
- have a further NZD $7.5 million or the weighted equivalent invested within the first 36 months of the investment period
- have the full NZD $15 million or weighted equivalent invested until the end of the 48-month period, and
- retain any investments you have made throughout the 48-month investment period.
- You must provide evidence of the funds invested at the end of the first 18 months and the third and fourth years you are in New Zealand.
Applicant spend time in New Zealand
You must spend at least 117 days in New Zealand as a holder of a resident visa during the 4 year investment period.
Bring your family to New Zealand
If your family are included in your resident visa, they’ll need to come to New Zealand within 12 months of their visa being granted.